Students with Disabilities
College Planning services are offered at flexible locations, including the Educational Excellence office, student’s home, convenient sites and via video conference.
What to expect for students with learning disabilities, Attention Deficit Disorder and other disabilities . . .
- Recommend strategies and accommodations in the classroom and on the SAT, ACT and other standardized tests, based on the psycho-educational evaluation and other assessments.
- Customize individual tutoring for PSAT, SAT, ACT and all academic areas which utilize instructional approaches that reflect the student’s preferred learning style.
- Assistance with applications for accommodations on the SAT, ACT and other standardized tests.
- Recommend colleges with programs and services that meet the student’s needs which includes intellectual, academic and social functioning levels; study skills, organizational abilities, and time management; level of independent living skills, motivation, and self-discipline; class sizes, and student to faculty ratio; admission criteria; and other considerations.
- College application requirements for students with disabilities, including colleges that do not require SAT and ACT scores.
- Comprehensive information about the application review process for students with disabilities.
- Customized list of scholarships based on the student’s disability and other personal information.
- Required documentation and process for obtaining accommodations in college.
- Recommend strategies and resources for ensuring a smooth transition to college.
- Individual coaching for academic, organizational, and time management skills.